Thursday 2 February 2017

Adaptation Part B - Ken Adams

After my tutorial Tuesday with Alan I was prompted to review a theater type production designer, this was to be carried out with bringing dramatic flair to my future workings in mind. Ken Adams was a British movie production designer, best known for his set designs for the James Bond films of the 1960s and 1970s, as well as for Dr. Strangelove. He won two Academy Awards for Best Art Direction.


I like the theatrical styles achieved in this artwork, the artist is able to boast grand scale and size as the importance of the design. I also observe the lines converge to usually one specific point, which in turn manipulates the edges of the interior to benefit that. After reviewing Ken Adams as an artist I wish to experiment with scale and theater in my future designs

No comments:

Post a Comment