Wednesday 5 March 2014

Fantastic Voyage - Audience/Market Research

Looking at my initial ideas that I have formed for my Fantastic Voyage project I feel it is time to research behind my prospective audiences taking into account my style of deliverance of my Plasmodium idea.

Click here for source information.

From these indepth research slides we can infer that gaming of today is a popular median of conveying information to younger audiences with approximately 74% administrators agreeing that it increases student engagement. Ages between 2-17 year olds are found to be the most popular range to be playing electronic games in the U.S. Computer games help stimulate the brain to produce dopamine that encourages the creation of connections between neurons. Children are familiar with the intergration of HUD's and I feel that my project should appeal to thew technological advancements of recent years. The interactive side to make the audience feel a sense of success.


Click here for source information.

These are the age groups I am looking to appeal to with the youngest group being from about 3-5 and ending in the late teens. I want the experience to be enlightening and simplistic with the actions onscreen to be understood at all ages, but also additional information that would be vital for the learning of individuals looking to learn the complex names of these processes and direct functions.

EARLY CHILDHOOD:
Content is intended for young children.

EVERYONE:
Content is generally suitable for all ages. May contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.

EVERYONE: 10+
Content is generally suitable for ages 10 and up. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.

TEEN:
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

Conclusion

My target audience will be to those between these ages who appeal to games and the information value that can be gained from the experience. The cinematic interaction itself shouldn't be gender specific and the colour schemes I am looking to use are reminiscent of those used in Tron Legacy and Matrix with the contrasting gradients that lead to complete blacks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment